Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hello, My Dear Quilting Friends!

The Florida Keys




Hello!.....Its been a bit of time once again since I posted.  My husband, Denny and I left for a much needed get away to The Florida Keys.   Its been two years since we were here..... and were able to get our same spot.  As the way things go... as excited as I was to get away, from home for 4 days... I was having a pretty rough time with my breathing.  Therefore I was not able to go outside much.  I still had a very relaxing time with my hubby.   The last few days I felt better.
The weather was very hot... and yet there was such a beautiful breeze all of the time.


This is our spot down in Grassy Key Florida with our 5TH wheel. 

Some different shots I took while we were there, some of God's work. 
Just so peaceful and beautiful.   
Here Denny is cooking the fish he caught that day!  Yum... He caught 11 yellow tail fish which is in the family of the red snappers.   
While he went out on a Party boat for the morning I got in some sewing.  What I worked on was making my 4 half squares triangle units.   Started them making 3/3/8 " cream centers (36) of them. Then I  cut 2" strips from different fat quarters for the surround strips......so easy and fun.This is Option 4 using a square in a square ...... technique..... by Jodie Barrows. 

I just love Jodi's technique...its fast. 

Now ready to cut across 4 ways for the triangle units.

Here is a little movie of the water.... I would sit and feed the fish some bread... a few times on my trip. 
 Here, are the fish that were caught while Denny was out on the party boat for 4 hours.
11 of those Denny caught.
Party boat.
                                                    In all it was a very nice time away.  


Hope you are all having a great day quilting away today.......

                                                             Hugs Morgan oxoxoxoxoxoxox


0 comments:

Post a Comment