Thursday, June 9, 2011

His and Hers Mug Rug

 A little while ago my mom mentioned that she and my father wouldn't mind having a couple of mug rugs ... you know that they liked to drink tea and coffee ... hint, hint, HINT ..
-
So here is the first one for them.  It is a His and Hers Mug Rug which is 100% inspired by my His and Hers Quilt.  The blue bird is Dad and the pink one is Mom.  (But don't worry they don't have to share the mug rug.  I'll make another one for them eventually.)
 Here it is on the His and Hers Quilt, which is our everyday bed quilt.  Unfortunately that blue bird is the very last of the fabric that I have.  I LOVE the fabric.  It is Mod Girls "Patsy" by Jennifer Paganelli and is out of print.  I love it so much because there is something very nostalgic about it for me.  Growing up we had three chairs from an old church that my Mom reupholstered in fabric that had birds just like that.  I have had my mother search for old photos showing the chairs, but to no avail.  I would love to see just how close the birds are, to see how good my memory is.
 As further proof of how much I like the fabric, here it is in green on cream.  That is a picture of one of my dining room curtains.
And I see lots of cat pictures on other people's blogs, so here is my contribution.  We don't have any cats as my husband is allergic, but this cat visits outside in the yard sometimes.  We call him Snowball, but his real name is Crosby (as in Sidney Crosby).  The cat lives down the street.  It is a funny, friendly cat.  It got on the school bus one day with the kids.  You can imagine the excitement that caused for the elementary school kids!  The bus driver didn't notice and was quite surprised when a parent told her and she had to find the cat and carry him out.
-
I'm going to try a new linky party today called A Crafty Soiree.  Happy Quilting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment