Thursday, June 9, 2011

Just One Star {Finishing the quilts}

In April Moda started a challenge called Just One Star. The goal was to make, from start to finish, 100 quilts for 100 brave men and women wounded in fight in 100 days. They asked everyone to make and donate, Just One Star. Kathleen and I made a couple stars and sent them in. 

Last week I heard that Moda was in need of some help machine quilting these quilts. I couldn't resist helping out. Since I have uncles, grandpas and cousins who have all served our country I just knew I needed to help out more. I was sent three of the quilts and spent the whole day yesterday quilting them.
They look all pretty don't they :)
Me and my ADD had to quilt each one of them differently.
So, I stippled one.
Quilted Stars and Loops all over one.
And quilted Swirls on one.

Thanks so much to the awesome people at Moda for putting this together. Polly and Laurie blogged a little more about the success of this yesterday, they mentioned that Moda now has more like 1000 quilts. AWESOME!

Thanks for visiting our quilting blog!
Have you checked out our patterns recently?
 For more fun updates sign up for Piece N Quilts newsletter.
Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.
~Natalia
{Connect with us}
youtubei pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment