Friday, June 17, 2011

creative juices . . .

I've just had this need to create lately, you know what I mean? I've been on a roll (for me, anyway) since I started and finished that little doll quilt for my niece! I finished that, got my blocks done, created a table runner, made a little hostess gift bag, and today got up with a bug to do more.

I've really been needing one of these for a while now . . .

But I hadn't been able to find a pattern I liked (or could figure out). But this morning I was on a mission!

I got on the internet and scoured through pages and pages looking for just the right fit.

And I found it, right HERE. It was on Chica and Jo's crafty website!

LinkAnd now my Kindle has its very own home, made just for it, in colors that had to be for me.

The tutorial was *very* well laid out and super easy to follow. I opted to cover my elastic with fabric. To do so, I cut a strip of fabric 1-3/8" by 14", folded it in half with right sides together, and stitched up a 1/8" seam (using a very small stitch length). I turned it inside out using a safety pin, and then pulled my 7" piece of elastic through the opening using that same pin. I bunched the fabric up over the middle of the elastic and made sure about a 1/4" of my elastic was hanging out at both openings of the fabric tube. Easy-peasy.

In all honesty, it took me nearly as long to print, cut and iron on my initials on the front as it did to do the rest of the project. Really!

Last night's guild meeting was LOTS of fun! Our Stitcher's group met beforehand at Nothing But Noodles and had a nice dinner. There were thirteen of us for dinner -- a pretty good turnout! Then when I got to the meeting, I turned in my registration form for the quilt show. Whew, I'm glad that's done! Next, I had put out a query on our mailing list about fabric postcards, and several members offered to bring in their postcards and cards. I was so impressed! I've wanted to do one of these for a while now, but just didn't understand enough to do one on my own. I will now! Four ladies brought in cards and pictures of cards for me to fawn over ... it was great!

Our program was very interesting, too. The speaker was Jim Warf of Decherd Needleworks. He does long-arm quilting, and he talked about borders and the best tips for preparing a quilt for long-arm quilting. He was very funny and I enjoyed listening to him. At the end of his presentation, he gave away five 20% coupons. Guess who won one?! Yours truly! Yay!

I get to spend some time with my Sawyer this evening and I still have some ministry work to finish up, so I'd better hop to it!

Toodles!

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment