Friday, June 17, 2011

The Glowing Quilt

 The other night I was sitting on the back deck on our swing with Eli, my six-year-old son.  We were wrapped in his Log Castle Quilt.  He kept ducking under the quilt because he said he wanted to see it "glowing."
-
The sun was setting and hitting it just right.  It did indeed glow if you were under it, wrapped up tight, blocking out any other light besides the sun filtering through.  These pictures give some idea, but don't quite capture it.   It is so great to be able to see things from a child's perspective!
 And of course kids say funny things.  I am not making this next story up.  Honest.  So, the other night (a different other night than the glowing quilt incident), my daughter Tess (she's four) came into bed with my husband and I.  After a bit she seemed as if she was having a bad dream and was tossing and turning and whimpering a little in her sleep.  I smoothed her hair and, while still asleep, she said forcefully, "No!!!  I can't find my FABRIC!"  Really.  I was laughing so much that both Tess and my husband woke up. 
Anyway, that's it for now -- just a couple of little things I wanted to write down and share so I won't forget them.  Happy Weekend everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment