Thursday, June 16, 2011

it's official . . .

After a nice 'text' conversation with my nephew, Ben (who's in Alaska on a summer internship program), it's official. He has agreed to lend me back his quilt so I can enter it into our guild's quilt show -- Fanfare 2011. I'm really honored he had time to chat with me last night. I got a tweet from him today that said, "A float plane is dropping me off alone in designated wilderness area today. Here goes!" Ummm. Wow.

As much as I loved the fabrics and the big, chunky, geometric design of this quilt top, it was the quilting, done by longarm quilter Becky McCarthy, that really made this quilt special.

All those stars! And then she created the trefoil crest just for this quilt.

I'm turning in my registration form tonight at our guild meeting!

Then there's no turning back . . .

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment