Friday, June 10, 2011

manic panic . . .

. . . Well, not really. A little, maybe. Maybe I just liked the way those two words sound together. Like a perfect fit!

Speaking of perfect fits, I do have a bit of a dilemma. I *finally* pulled out this months BOM (the one that has to be turned in TOMORROW), and got busy. My hope, at 1:00 this afternoon, was that I could pull it out and have it finished by 3:00, so I could shower and dress for the evening, and catch the store before it closed at 5:00.

No such luck.

Anyway, each month there are two different blocks to piece. One was easy-peasy; I put it together and voila.

The second one has challenged me, because I could make a slight change to how it's put together (we're allowed to do that in this BOM) and change the look a little.

These are the pieces I have, and this is the order they are supposed to be sewn together.

What I'm playing with now is both order & sashing fabric. I really should have started on this earlier, so I'd have time to do this on a design wall Monday or something, when there's the possibility of more people seeing and lending their thoughts! Ah well, my husband said something about procrastination just yesterday . . .

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I procrastinated in choosing a suitable day to work on my BOM!

I think I know which one I like best. Or at least I've got my top two. I'm just gonna throw this out there and see what I get back!


1


2


3


4

After I pick up tomorrow's kit, there will only be four more blocks (two more months) to go! I've gotten two blocks sashed and quilted.

My goal is to have all the blocks (including the ones I pick up tomorrow) pieces, sashed and ready for quilting before the end of June!

Tonight I'm off to Big Spring Park to watch The NeverEnding Story, with some folks from our church, Ignite City Church. Should be a fun evening!!

Ciao!

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment