Sunday, June 5, 2011

a birthday happy . . .

Fortunately, my darling niece's 7th birthday is this coming week. Unfortunately, that day falls on the first day of travel for their summer vacation. Fortunately, they are spending the afternoon and evening at my parent's house (they're flying out the next morning). Unfortunately, Lucy believes that her birthday may get lost in all the shuffle. Fortunately, that will NOT be the case!

I started this ages ago (a quilt for her American Girl doll, Kirsten) and just
last week realized I needed to get on the ball!


I started with 12 simple four-patch blocks.

Stitched them together.

Added a border.

After adding backing & batting, did a simple outline quilting stitch, along with a ribbon tie.

Got the binding ready and . . .

Got the binding on it and ready to hand sew.

Got distracted by this guy . . .

Was inspired to put in Furry Vengeance to watch while I stitched down the binding.


Added a handwritten label. (I know, I know -- I need to get some printed with my name on them.)

Happy birthday to Lucy!

Now I just need to rush it to the post office in the morning!

And in case you didn't know to appreciate my Fortunately/Unfortunately beginning, you definitely need to click HERE.
:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment