Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bully's at Peace

We lost our beloved Bully yesterday. Besides his heart problems he developed diabetes and a tumor in his abdomen. When he awakened yesterday his breathing was labored. He's at peace now - behind the barn with our other pets from over the years. He's with Waylon and Bilbo and Fuggles and Sylvester and they're all probably having a good romp in the pasture.



I ran Jake into town late in the morning and when I came back, I cried and cried. For the 1st time in 11 years, Bully wasn't there to bounce up and down and be excited because I came home.
I really miss him. Wherever I was, he was.


Spike's a comfort even though he's not Bully. He senses when we're sad and comes and wants to be cuddled. Or tries to chew on us. Here is his playpen - he made it himself. He drags all of his toys behind my chair and muddles them. He doesn't really tear them up, just mouths them.


And when I get really sad, I sit and stitch. This is a santa I'm working on for a Quiltmania Christmas issue. Chistmas is homey and makes me smile and think of things for my grandkids. Bully had a good, good life and none of us can live forever. He was my friend and I will miss him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment