Thursday, June 2, 2011

psalm 126; His and mine . . .

A pilgrim song

It seemed like a dream, too good to be true, when GOD returned Zion's exiles.

We laughed, we sang, we couldn't believe our good fortune.
We were the talk of the nations--"GOD was wonderful to them!"

GOD was wonderful to us; we are one happy people.

And now, GOD, do it again -- bring rains to our drought-stricken lives

So those who planted their crops in despair will shout hurrahs at the harvest,

So those who went off with heavy hearts will come home laughing,
with armloads of blessing.

* * * * * * * * *

Denise's song

There I stood -- giddy with excitement, awe and wonder.

I couldn't believe I was standing next to this man I loved, ready to marry him!

GOD, You were so wonderful to me, to join me with my husband, in such an
incredible way, using such fantastic means.

And now I look ahead; remembering and holding on to
Your goodness from before;

Do it again, LORD! I can't wait to see Your goodness
and faithfulness displayed in my life!

I know I will reap the harvest, if I persevere and wait on You.

Let me not weary in doing good, for at the proper time,
I will reap a harvest if I don't give up!

Amen.

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment