Wednesday, June 1, 2011

welcome june!

I'm linking up with The Simple Woman's Daybook today, for the month of JUNE! Can you believe it's already June?!? The older I get, the faster the time flies, which makes me older faster! Yikes!


FOR TODAY

Outside my window . . . the squirrels, chipmunks, and birds are about, *flittering* (or in the case of the squirrels and chipmunks, scrambling and romping) from tree to tree! The deer aren't quite at ease with the new tree arrangement, so they've been real tentative when they come up. Todd knocked a good portion of the tangled tree mess out, but not all of it. We're supposed to have someone from the National Weather Service in Huntsville come out and survey our damage.

I am thinking . . . about Psalm 126 and the promise it contains for joy (thanks to Beth Moore and the Stepping Up Bible study I'm doing!)

I am thankful for . . . so many exquisite things, not the least of which are my faith in my Savior, my husband's love, and my precious family.

From the kitchen . . . the Keurig is gearing up for my second and final cup of coffee of the morning.

I am creating . . . a doll quilt for my niece, for her birthday.

I am going . . . to make a visit to the creek and then the pond today. I love to feed the fish!

I am reading . . . several things; the Bible, my current Tea Time magazine, and on my Kindle, I'm going back and forth between David Platt's Radical, and on the lighter (fiction) side, Jennifer Allee's The Pastor's Wife. Plus lots of lovely blogs!

I am hoping . . . that some decisions outside of my control will be made soon.

I am hearing . . . birds and cicadas. Lots and LOTS of cicadas. The swell of the cicada hum can be rather overwhelming at times!

Around the house . . . make that, "Around the RV" . . . quiet and calm; Todd's running errands and the TV isn't on. The A/C is already working and dishes are drying on the counter. Bed is made and everything's tidy.

One of my favorite things . . . Italian ice. I don't know why I thought of that, but there you have it. Oh I know -- perhaps because it's supposed to be, with the heat index, over 100 degrees here today!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . friends here for fishing and a picnic; a pool afternoon with family; a little ministry work; grocery shopping; and blogging here, blogging there, blogging everywhere!

Here is a picture I am sharing . . .

Sawyer sure enjoyed his overnight visit here with me over the weekend. He especially enjoys taking a ride around the camp on the golf cart! And he loves his Paw-paw, too. I love 'em both.

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment