Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hey There Hexy Ladies

 Last post I mentioned that a few days ago we travelled to PEI.  Well, it takes 3.5 hours to drive from our place to Charlottetown, so I needed a little something to do on the drive ...
-
Let me introduce these hexy ladies.  Those are 1 inch hexagons.
 I am making novelty I-Spy type hexies as my summer travel project.  They are just to make as we're driving somewhere.  I have an end project in mind, a hexagon I-Spy quilt.  It won't all be hexagons, but rather hexies appliqued in a pattern.  I have the idea in my head and I think it will work.  I probably need 192 hexagons for a good lap-sized quilt.
 It just takes the smallest of scraps to make these.  
Fun!  Do you have a summer travel project?
-
Happy Quilting!
-
I'm linking up with {Sew} Modern Monday and Made by You Monday
-
And since this is my summer travel work in progress, I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment