Friday, May 20, 2011

Loft {Machine Quilting}

Last week I machine quilted this darling quilt.
When Lisa brought me this quilt she wanted it to be super warm.
I most always use Hobbs 80/20 batting and I am very happy with the way it quilts and it's plenty warm for me but I think there is always a place for more warmth. 
So we doubled up. I used a Hobbs 80/20 batting and then on top of that we used a high loft Polyester batting. It gave the quilt lots of loft, which made for some really pretty texture in the machine quilting.
The quilt finished very heavy and warm. Perfect!

So here is the question. Are you a fan of high loft quilts?
Have you ever doubled up on batting?
Would love to hear!

Pattern for this quilt is Throw Me a Curve by Quiltscapes.

Thanks for visiting our quilting blog!
Have you checked out our patterns recently?
 For more fun updates sign up for Piece N Quilts newsletter.
Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.
~Natalia
{Connect with us}
youtubei

0 comments:

Post a Comment